PDA

View Full Version : Fire Extinguisher

jr18
04-28-2013, 09:54 AM
whats the best Fire Extinguisher to use in your latemodel? I need to get a new one, and wanting to make sure I get the right one.

Thanks.

06Tireman
04-28-2013, 02:51 PM
NONE !!! unless its a rule.. which is pretty lame if ya ask me. We ran a track that required one within reach of the driver.. The thing malfunctioned one night.. Driver nearly crashed the car because he couldnt see let alone breath when it went off.. The pin was still in it.. and still strapped in place... Valve just malfunctioned and it went off..

TALON75
04-29-2013, 05:51 AM
I wouldn't run an extinguisher in the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit, but a fire bottle mounted outside of the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit and aimed at the fuel cell and/or engine is a good idea. Nascar has pretty strict requirements and they have to replace thier bottle long before they are bad. I would suggest calling Rouch/yate or another team that sales used parts, you can get a pretty good deal on a good system that is still safe too use.