PDA

View Full Version : Brake issues need help

bluemod
05-01-2013, 04:51 PM
So I put new rotors,calipers,and brake pads on my car. When I bleed the brakes the pads are tight after words and wheel will not spin freely. This is on all 4 not just one. So stupid question maybe but what can I do to free this up or some advice on bleeding them properly. Thanks in advance

dirty white boy
05-01-2013, 07:32 PM
are thay locked tight or just scrubing??

bluemod
05-01-2013, 07:39 PM
there scrubing. Seems like it has a little bit of pressure on them. When u hit the brakes they still touch the rotor

johnny v
05-01-2013, 08:27 PM
there scrubing. Seems like it has a little bit of pressure on them. When u hit the brakes they still touch the rotor

make sure the bias bar is free and the rods are not miss- adjusted...
If the bias bar is ok... then what you feel with your hand is normal.... disc brakes have no mechanical return so the rotor turning under power will bump the pads/pistons back ever so slightly to make it all work correctly....

bluemod
05-01-2013, 08:38 PM
the car is fine. The new pads are thicker than that was on it. Didn't know if I was doing something wrong because ive never really had this issue. They use to spin very freely and now the pads are touching is there anything I can do or will it after a race stop this.

speedbuggy
05-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Could be that the rubber O-rings are still in the thru bolt holes on the calipers. This will cause the calipers to hang a little. There are two big ones and two little ones in each caliper where the mounting bolts go through...I have forgot to take them out before...

xxxmod
05-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Maybe you are just feeling the resistance of the fresh roughed up rotors...run it

dirttrackrocker
05-02-2013, 09:06 AM
I had to shave some off the outer pad because the pad was too thick.

bluemod
05-02-2013, 08:20 PM
I have taken the O rings out and I think im going to have to grind the outside pad down because it does not drag with it off spends freely until u push the brake and spends freely when u let off.

speedbuggy
05-03-2013, 08:20 AM
I guess your mounts are welded on. If they are bolt-on, you could just move the brake mount out a little. PITA to cut off a welded one and re-position.

dluna11w
05-03-2013, 09:21 AM
It sounds like this is happening on all 4 corners, but I've seen it where the rotors on the rear have been flipped around when bolted on to the hub creating more or less spacing between the brake bracket.

bluemod
05-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Yes my its is bolted on but its moved as car as I can get it. These pads are thicker so easiest thing would be to grind the pad down alittle