PDA

View Full Version : Lr top bar adjustment

jsf74
05-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Right now I have a tight loose condition and am trying to make the car rotate in the middle without mashing the gas. My lr top bar is in the third hole down on the chassis
Side and the top hole on the birdcage. I'm already at 13 deg and don't think I should go any lower. Will lowering the bar on the birdcage help. It's a 4 bar lr spring behind shock in front. Rr eliminator in front. Ive already increased stagger, tire pressure, j bar up on pinion ect.

jsf74
05-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Btw I'm 200hp down on everyone else. Very mild motor .

washeduptoo
05-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Where is it tight?

HEAVY DUTY
05-03-2013, 02:15 PM
raise left lower rod

jsf74
05-03-2013, 03:44 PM
When I try to pick up the throttle just before the apex it wants to move up. Should I move the top bar back up at the chassis along with the bottom bar to get it back above 13 deg's.

Flyin Iowan
05-03-2013, 04:11 PM
i would move top left bar back up, then move both right bars up one hole. Lower HP cars need more RR drive since you cant use the HP to turn the car. If thats not enough then trail the RR back 2 turns on each bar on the right side. Even tho you lowered the top left bar you also took rear steer out of the car by doing that, so you took drive out but you kept the car pointed straighter so it kinda cancelled out. My way of thinking is add drive to the wheel you need to work, dont take away from one....JMO

jsf74
05-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Man I just wish I could get a Handel on this base setup and feel comfortable driving this animal. I'm getting a ton closer but am sick of fighting this thing to turn. If only I had that big motor:)

johnny v
05-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Man I just wish I could get a Handel on this base setup and feel comfortable driving this animal. I'm getting a ton closer but am sick of fighting this thing to turn. If only I had that big motor:)

IMHO-
you have other issues..... you can't drive the push out of a 4 bar car with the motor..... what you have is a tight entry problem......

jsf74
05-05-2013, 12:49 AM
Moved llb up 1 hole on chassis and way too loose
Moved rlb up one hole on chassis and 4 wheel slide
Swapped in a dummy pull bar shock and the car worked great finally. I actually had tighten my exit up a bit now that the entry is so much better.