PDA

View Full Version : Skyrocket opinion

Dirt36
05-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Looking at buying one 110 in wheel base car. Will be running 2 momentum style tracks and one sandy stop and go on Hoosier g60's
car is currently on a lift arm how well do they perform? Seem to have great tech support, just search the forums and not much has been said about them lately
Thanks!

Rocketman1187
05-07-2013, 12:58 PM
on the stop and go part i would definitely advise going to a pullbar verses the liftarm. Kelly is a very good guy to deal with. Nothing wrong with a 110" wheelbase car. That is what all the newer GRT cars are.

modracr41
05-09-2013, 09:36 PM
on the stop and go part i would definitely advise going to a pullbar verses the liftarm. Kelly is a very good guy to deal with. Nothing wrong with a 110" wheelbase car. That is what all the newer GRT cars are.

I agree in part with Rocketman. On the stop and go the pullbar would definitely help, but the down side to a 110" wb car is that on a real dry-slick racetrack, you are faster than he!! for the first part of the feature, but at the end the tires wear out quicker and you begin to go backward. This is worse the longer the feature. I have a W.T. Harris car, which is also a 110 wb car, and if the track has any moisture, it's a rocket! BUT, when the track dries out we have the problem mentioned above. The 110 wb car has a longer arm so you have more downforce on the tires. This gives you more traction initially, however, after a lot of laps, the tires wear faster due to the additional force. I also have a DW11 Dirtworks, and on super-dry slick the dirtworks will outrun the W.T. Harris after about 20 laps or so due to the tire issue. Just my personal experience. I know that shockmod also had the same experience. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Flyin Iowan
05-10-2013, 06:18 AM
im on my 3rd one now(06,09,13) 2 110 cars. Loved them, only had my new one out 1 race but its a very nice piece too. tech is awesome.

Dirt36
05-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I got the car it is an 09 and really nice piece. I'm the only one in my area with one so I'm excited to try it. I will however make it where I have the option of running lift arm or pull bar. Thanks again for the info!