PDA

View Full Version : RR Chain limiter

rubbinsracin
05-08-2013, 12:04 PM
not that im planning on doing this right away but it is something we would like to try in the future. we took a video of my drive shaft last year and noticed while we were watching the side of the video showed that the RR spring was coming off the seat about 1.5" give or take eyballing it on camera. what would be a good amount to start with a limiter on the RR?

i would assume set ride height and jack up the car until it is just barely touching the spring and limit it there.

does that sound about right? or should it be allowed to come further off the spring before it hits the limiter?

7uptruckracer
05-08-2013, 01:34 PM
In the tack don't change it have it plenty loose. When it slicks off I'd start off with an 1" but you will probably end up to where its around a 1/8" off the spring. Make sure your limiters are on the axle tube and on a bearing axle tube mount that can swivel LR and RR for that matter so your consistent and bind free and as always wrap your chain so it can't kink up on you. It can be effective on a really really slick track. It negates the bar angle gain but still gives you the benefit of the initial thrust angle of the higher RR bar location IMO