PDA

View Full Version : tire compounds soft and hard

bluemod
05-08-2013, 05:08 PM
So im trying to understand the whole compound issue. So if the track is slick do you want to have soft compound or a hard compound. If its a tacky track so u want soft or hard tires. Just trying to improve where I can and understand more of the changes you can make do to changing track conditions.

kraftkar7x
05-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Soft track soft tire hard track hard tire if u run soft tire on hard track it will get hot and quit firing

bluemod
05-08-2013, 06:25 PM
so softing tires all the time really is not really a good thing? I hear all this talk about doping. So it can hurt u as well as help u?.

kraftkar7x
05-08-2013, 09:41 PM
I don't think doping wld hurt you it wld just allow that tire to fire faster cus hard tires won't fire until you get enough heat in them...

twisterf5
05-09-2013, 08:03 AM
so softing tires all the time really is not really a good thing? I hear all this talk about doping. So it can hurt u as well as help u?.
doping tire don't always soften them there are crap that they put on tire that just put grip in the tire. that stuff will give you the bite you need so the tire has enough time to fire.