PDA

View Full Version : street stock lower control arm

fastford
05-09-2013, 02:22 PM
i am helping a friend with a street stock that is not a gm chassis, i know you can buy a 2" longer rt frt lower for a metric or camero chassis, but my question is what if theres not one available for your particular chassis and you have to build your own, would you lengthen it between the balljoint and spring or between the inner pivot point and spring? thanks

fordtbirdracer
05-09-2013, 07:28 PM
I assume u r doin this for camber I run a mid 80s ford chasiss and I moved the top upper mount in much easier

Racer96m
05-09-2013, 08:48 PM
I would lengthen it between the ball joint and the spring, because I wouldn't want to change how the spring worked in the frame. If you lengthened it between the spring and the inner pivot, the spring would now be angled out and wouldn't sit right in the cup, unless you cut and angled the cup like a Modified lower. I would keep it simple. Keep the spring straight up and down.

Dave

fastford
05-15-2013, 08:50 AM
I would lengthen it between the ball joint and the spring, because I wouldn't want to change how the spring worked in the frame. If you lengthened it between the spring and the inner pivot, the spring would now be angled out and wouldn't sit right in the cup, unless you cut and angled the cup like a Modified lower. I would keep it simple. Keep the spring straight up and down.

Dave

thanks dave , this was my thoughts as well, im doing this for tracking purposes and to be able to run same rim offset all the way around