PDA

View Full Version : Bert 2nd gen problems

bigk44
05-11-2013, 06:32 AM
Having issues getting car to go in reverse. If I move linkage to go in reverse it will not go into low. I have the linkage straight going into the trans. Anyone else have these issue's? If so how did you fix it?
Thanks,
Kevin

lrnvlFan1w
05-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Having issues getting car to go in reverse. If I move linkage to go in reverse it will not go into low. I have the linkage straight going into the trans. Anyone else have these issue's? If so how did you fix it?
Thanks,
Kevin

We had an issue where we had no 2nd or reverse and the shifter fork was broken.

JustAddDirt
05-13-2013, 11:17 AM
unhook shifter.
put in reverse manually by pulling shift lever all the way out. that should be reverse. start car and see if it engages. if so proceed to below about grinding .
Low and Reverse are very close together.
I had to grind a little bit of the shifter lever out were it hit the mount were it mounts to k0ckpit.
did not have enough travel to go into reverse, and high, no matter how much I adjusted the length of rod.

bigk44
05-14-2013, 07:36 AM
unhook shifter.
put in reverse manually by pulling shift lever all the way out. that should be reverse. start car and see if it engages. if so proceed to below about grinding .
Low and Reverse are very close together.
I had to grind a little bit of the shifter lever out were it hit the mount were it mounts to k0ckpit.
did not have enough travel to go into reverse, and high, no matter how much I adjusted the length of rod.

It goes in if you manually do it but shifter does not work. I was thinking the same thing as you are saying. How ever I was thinking of putting a spacer on the linkage to avoid grinding the shifter. Am I thinking correctly on this?

JustAddDirt
05-14-2013, 08:55 AM
you could do that, or drill another hole a little higher up on the shifter, that will let the shifter have more throw.