PDA

View Full Version : "Moser" stock replacement axles better than stock 7.5?

3-6 Racing
05-12-2013, 02:44 PM
So middle of last year I switched from a stock RR axle to a "superior" brand axle. Last night the track was very rough and has claimed 3 cars so far this year, a car flipping in that spot every week we have ran. Last night a car hit the hole and flipped, and when we went green again I went to pass high and hit the hole, breaking this supposedly better axle but luckilly didnt flip the car. I'm thinking about ordering a Moser or something else similar but are any replacement 7.5 axles going to take the abuse any better than a stock axle? I thought I was in the safe with an aftermarket axle but last night makes me think. And I know I could switch to a 9 inch, but dont know if the sponsor would go for that much $$ at once..

billy5
05-12-2013, 05:51 PM
use a 28 spline center chunk from a s10,,,then saw about 2 inches off of the end of the housing and get some 28 spline nova axles,,either space the end of houseng with a piece of pipe,,or what i did was saw about 3 inches off of a nova housing and weld it to the end of my metric housing...makes the rearend 2 inches wider if you do both sides..and i have found that stock nova 28 spline axles are stronger then aftermarket 7.5 axles..

te33
05-12-2013, 10:29 PM
YES they are.

3-6 Racing
05-15-2013, 01:49 PM
If I had to choose between a stock 8.5 rear end and a 7.5 with mosers which would be better?

Racer96m
05-16-2013, 11:56 PM
As with many things, size does matter. I have snapped 31 spline Moser axles and they are way stronger than 28 spline. Only thing that solves the problem is a Floater rear, otherwise they are all going to snap at the drive flange sooner or later. Put the strongest ones you can get in it and keep a close eye on them. Just my .02

Dave