PDA

View Full Version : Hagerstown LMS to go Topless for Breast Cance on June 15th

prodirtcar32
05-13-2013, 06:03 PM
May 13, 2013

Tyler Horst & Hagerstown Speedway join forces to Race for Breast Cancer Awareness...

Saturday June 15th, Hagerstown Speedway will be going topless for a great cause. The race, a collaboration between Late Model Sportsman driver Tyler Horst and Hagerstown Speedway is the brainchild of Horst, a junior at Waynesboro Area Senior High School.

The Late Model Sportsman will run the annual “Hoosier Daddy” Classic on June 15th. The race, originally scheduled to pay the winner a cool one thousand dollars has been doubled with the help of Horst and his supporters. Time Trials will set the stage for the evening’s event making it one of the biggest Limited Late Model races in the Mid-Atlantic. Not only will the fans get to see the area’s best drivers compete for the $2,000 top prize, but they will get to watch the race from a unique perspective. All limited late models competing will be required to do so without the roof on their race cars, offering the fans a look into just what it takes to muscle one of these high powered machines around the big half mile.

“I really want to thank Lisa (Plessinger) and Hagerstown Speedway for all their help and willingness to partner with me to put this race on” said Tyler. “As a junior, I had to start thinking about what my required senior project would be and I decided it would be natural for me to take the racing I love and highlight that with a great cause. Not only have we been able to add $1,000 to the winner’s purse but we have also garnered prizes such as a case of Brad Penn Racing Oil, a Car Wash Kit and many others that will be distributed among the starting field by a random draw. Hagerstown Speedway has graciously granted free admission to all breast cancer survivors that night, so please wear your pink, grab all of your friends and come out and enjoy a big night of racing while supporting a great cause” added Horst.

The Pure Stocks and Hobby Stocks will also be competing this night making it a great three division show. It is never too late to get involved with this great event. For more information or to become involved please contact Tyler Horst or Danny McSherry at (717)762-6308.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media