PDA

View Full Version : I-96 Speedway to Host $2000 to win Opening Round of Michigan Dirt Cup

ironmover
05-14-2013, 08:26 PM
I-96 Speedway to Host $2000 to win Opening Round of Michigan Dirt Cup Allstar Performance Modified Tour This Saturday May 18thLake Odessa, MI – With Mother Nature causing the postponement of last week’s Mt. Pleasant Speedway Michigan Dirt Cup Allstar Performance Modified Tour event the opening round of the 2013 season will now take place this Saturday May 18th at I-96 speedway in Lake Odessa, MI. Michigan Dirt Cup officials are proud to announce that Quick Car Racing Products has signed on as the presenting sponsor for this week’s 40 lap event; as a result it will now pay $2000 to win.In the two previous trips to I-96 Speedway there have been two different winners. In 2011 Mark Anderson scored the win and in last year’s event Aaron Morey picked up the hard fought win. Defending I-96 Speedway UMP Modified Champion Zack Olger will be looking to add his name to the win list and defend home turf. Two-time and defending Michigan Dirt Cup Allstar Performance Modified Tour Champion Jacob Poel is also looking forward to returning to I-96 Speedway as he currently holds the point lead at I-96 and comes off yet another UMP Modified win outside the state of Michigan. Also expected to compete will be Rich Robinson Jr., Joe Rokos, Travis Stemler, Dona Marcoullier and a host of other top Michigan UMP modified talent. The Michigan Dirt Cup Allstar Performance Modified Tour welcomes all UMP modified drivers, come out and see why we are considered one of the top regional touring series in the country.The 40 lap A Main for the Michigan Dirt Cup Allstar Performance Modified Tour event will pay $2000 to win and $200 to start.Also on the schedule will be the tracks UMP Street Stock and UMP Sport Compact divisions.Pit gates will open at 3 p.m., grandstands open at 5pm, hot laps begin at 6pm and the first heat race is scheduled to take the green flag at 7 p.m.For more information and tickets call 616-652-0555 or visit the track website at www.I96speedway.com.