PDA

View Full Version : Tires

racert22
05-16-2013, 12:59 PM
For American Racers 56s or Hoosier 1600s.... is they anything you can put on em to make em soft once a lil heat get in but they still punch/stick hard b4 race starts when they cold?

zeke23z
05-16-2013, 01:37 PM
I use Sasquatch pee totally undetectable!

rubbinsracin
05-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Great Value brand chicken broth (big can) mixed with 2 small cans of tomato paste (any brand you want) and then wrap it in plastic wrap and let it sit in the sun for a few hours.

beaver396
05-17-2013, 12:16 AM
http://karting.4cycle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62

You will find your answer somewhere in there. Im no expert but most chemicals to soften tires will do just that regardless of temp and will not go back to a cold punch number your looking for. if your just looking for them to fire faster like a soft tire would then you have a huge list of stuff that doesnt change the durometer all of which are talked about in the 4cycle forum.

racerj5
05-24-2013, 12:03 AM
I've been in go-karts for 30 years and seen so many chemicals it would make your head swim. Acrysol will make a tire fire off quick and doesn't mess with the duro much. Trac-Tac Orange is a pre race wipe that will drop a few points but doesn't kill the tire. Both are pretty expensive, like 30 bucks a quart on the track tac stuff.Best tire prep I've ever used that won't drop the duro or kill the tire?WD-40. Opens up the pores in the rubber and won't dry the tire out like the alcohol/butyl based preps. I've used it for years and it works great. Even use it to clean tires after grinding the glaze off them. It will seem oily at first, but it WILL add bite to the tire.

Egoracing
05-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Wash with Simple green and a stiff brush will open the pours without damaging the tire.

fastford
05-24-2013, 10:01 AM
I use Sasquatch pee totally undetectable!

if you can afford it, bubbas pee is the best lol, i also like the simply green though