PDA

View Full Version : Overall extremely loose condition??

Jmfosnaught
05-20-2013, 09:52 AM
We upgraded to a newer Rocket for this season. And it seems like this car has an overall loose feel as compared to the older car. We previously ran a 2003, 1 3/4", black front end rocket and we now have a 2008, 2", black front end rocket. We are a few races into the season and started off with our baseline from the old car. It's proved to not be as good with this car as it was with the old car. I'm having trouble with corner entry/braking, the car is extremely loose in. I have to actually crank almost all the front brake into it to make it push, then rotate the center with the throttle. This makes the car extremely slow!! When I get back to the gas, sometimes even down the straight aways, the car over rotates still causing the loose to condition to continue.

Please see springs, percentages and other info below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

J-bar @ 8 3/4"

Rods:

LRT-bottom hole (have gone up to middle for slick, might start night there)
LRB-3rd or 4th depending on tacky conditions (indexed down one hole on birdcage with old car)
RRT-bottom
RRB-middle

LF-600 (had previously run 550) RF-325
LR-175 RR-225

Left-54%
Rear-54.8%
LR Bite-80 lbs
Total weight-2450 (steel block)

Please respond or PM with any help or if you've had similar issues.

setup479point2
05-22-2013, 10:51 PM
Shorten right rods about 1/2" to start , this will tighten everywhere. LRT top ,not indexed , LRB 2nd up , RRT ok RRB bottom. Springs LF ok RF 350 LR 225 RR 250. Make sure any weight added is at least 24" up from ground. You may only need to make the first adjustment . Most of what I suggested is to make you overly tight , so it may go to far, I like to go the other way and come back if I have to . You didn't mention shocks, what are they?