PDA

View Full Version : Proper way to set up Wilwood pedals?

Mod77L
05-20-2013, 05:17 PM
What is everyone's opinion on how to set the M/C's on a set of pedals? I have a 1" rear and a 7/8" front. I think I'm supposed to have them the other way around. Is that right? Should be plunger screws be screwed into the clevises evenly? I finally had a good car last weekend and ending up spinning mid-corner, on the brakes (car in front checked up to hold his line). I always had them set so I got a lot more rear because I couldn't get the car to turn. Now it does, and I need to even out the bias a bit more. What is the "proper" way to set them? This is on a small "1/4" mile, if that matters.

Edit: I think I found what I need in a search. Sorry for the post.

johnny v
05-20-2013, 06:43 PM
1 " front
7/8" rear
make sure the piston is all the way "out" when the pedal is on the stop ( back , towards the seat) when adjusting the clevis....
then have some one mash the brakes.... the bias bar needs to be square when loaded.. not at the static position... adjust clevis to get the bar square... just make sure there is some free play in the MC so you don't push the piston in and cover the return bleed hole at the static position....

setup479point2
05-21-2013, 09:34 PM
http://wilwood.com/TechTip/TechPedalTip.aspx This is how wilwood says to do it