PDA

View Full Version : Help Getting The Left Front Down

mickeyd18
05-26-2013, 06:56 AM
09 rocket that I just got and trying to get use to. To be honest the car is pretty good and I like the way it drives but when I put a 250 spring on the RR last night it was pulling the LF a foot in the air.the bars are set at the base line setup with a 200 LR 250RR 350 RF 500LF but it was picking it up with the 225 on the RR also it just seemed really high with the 250RR.i backed the bite out of it for last night to about 80lb. took up the Jbar about a 1/2 inch on the pinion to help it to turn,,,,,What I am trying to ask is what could I look at to bring LF down without changing the way it drives it feels good to me cause that is the way my modified use to run with the LF up.

setup479point2
05-26-2013, 08:12 AM
The 250RR should have helped , the reason it made it worse was, it probably hooked harder and quicker , making the bars react more . I assume you're not clamped . RF spring softer , 300 or 275 with 4-10 shock in RF should help. Also make sure your birdcage are free , a left rear cage binding will cause the car to feel clamped up. More rebound in LR or more compression in RR will help , but, will change the handling.

mickeyd18
05-26-2013, 12:46 PM
thanks,i will chk the birdgage but pretty sure it it free car is getting up on the bars good

stevo
05-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Softer rr will let rr push down more and lf will stay down,put solid bar on rr and it will get no travel.so lf has to take the movement. put 100lb on rr and rr will push bumper in ground and take all the movement,try in shop

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-26-2013, 03:41 PM
soft rr or stiff rr can make a tame car start to wheelie. other factors are at work.

junebug
05-26-2013, 03:44 PM
09 rocket that I just got and trying to get use to. To be honest the car is pretty good and I like the way it drives but when I put a 250 spring on the RR last night it was pulling the LF a foot in the air.the bars are set at the base line setup with a 200 LR 250RR 350 RF 500LF but it was picking it up with the 225 on the RR also it just seemed really high with the 250RR.i backed the bite out of it for last night to about 80lb. took up the Jbar about a 1/2 inch on the pinion to help it to turn,,,,,What I am trying to ask is what could I look at to bring LF down without changing the way it drives it feels good to me cause that is the way my modified use to run with the LF up.

what about driving the lf back down with rr bar angle...if u put more upper bar angle it should make rr lift more on throttle and drive lr back down...but I also really agree with softening rf til lf comes down...if rf is to stiff its bad about carry lf

mickeyd18
05-26-2013, 07:39 PM
thanks guys I think I will try the softer RF to begin with.

Matt49
05-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Where is your 5th coil? Too far forward can make it lift the LF bad.
Other causes: Too much LR travel (not limited properly), too much LR thrust angle, not enough left side weight, not enough nose weight, too soft of a RR spring, etc.

Trying stuff "in the shop" doesn't duplicate the forces that are being exerted on springs on the race track.

rmrc
05-27-2013, 11:42 AM
There is a point where rt top bar angle is critical. Insuffecient bar angle will cause the rr to drop on accelleration. Make certain that you have enough angle there. Remember that as the car rolls you loose rr bar angle. It sounds to me like the car is rocking on the rf and lr.

jedclampit
05-27-2013, 10:57 PM
What are you using to limit your lr suspension travel, and how much travel do you have from bottom of frame to axle tube with the car on jack stands?

rubbinsracin
05-28-2013, 10:14 AM
one of the guys we rece against at our local track had this problem. softened his 5th coil spring and it helped some but he still carries it around the track even when its slick.