PDA

View Full Version : Four Link question

75t
05-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Hi we have a 2008 masterbuilt by mars and i was wondering when the j bar is up is it normal for the fourlink to be angled towards the drivers side and to be tight on the left side. would this mean that when the jbar is up it is not the correct length. thanks

keeks
05-27-2013, 09:28 PM
My car does the same thing. And I am curious too.

setup479point2
05-27-2013, 10:53 PM
When you raise the jbar you have to re-set your side to side measurement. If side to side is set right bars shouldn't look any different.

rubbinsracin
05-28-2013, 09:54 AM
When you raise the jbar you have to re-set your side to side measurement. If side to side is set right bars shouldn't look any different.

This will depend of the type of mount you have on your frame side for your j bar. If your holes are in a verticle line, stacked one on top of the other, yes you will need to reset your j-bar length anytime you move the position.

If you have one of the mounts that has an arch to it, you should be ok just moving the bar up and down without having to adjust your bar length.

jedclampit
05-28-2013, 05:25 PM
This will depend of the type of mount you have on your frame side for your j bar. If your holes are in a verticle line, stacked one on top of the other, yes you will need to reset your j-bar length anytime you move the position.

If you have one of the mounts that has an arch to it, you should be ok just moving the bar up and down without having to adjust your bar length.

Arched frame mounts are only accurate for the pan hard bar length they are designed (arched to), if you have one ,I highly recommend you check the rear alignment with any adjustment.The mount has to be on the car correctly if it is arched correctly.A change in the pinion end mount height will require the frame mount to be moved also to remain accurate in following the arch correctly.

I'd buy a panhard bar that is easy to adjust long before I would consider one of them arched mounts.

rubbinsracin
05-28-2013, 08:27 PM
I can say this, we have ran the same arched mount on 3 different brand chassis and it has kept our side to side measurement within a 1/16th of an inch on all of them.

stevo
05-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Another way to look at it if you use straight up brackets when you lower on frame when wet,it will move the rr to right and lr to right which takes out sidebite as needed in wet,then when you need bar higher it will move to left which will add sidebite when you need it.