PDA

View Full Version : tire help

medina41
06-02-2013, 01:34 PM
i was wondering if i could get some opinions on why i keep popping rr tires. in 4 main events and 2 heat races i have popped my rr tire.. i have plenty of clearnce from the tire and the frame but still pop that tire.. also i have tried multiple tire pressures so was curious if anybody would have any suggestions on why i keeps happening... also i have a half inch spacer already on that side anything will help

TRIFLYNN83
06-09-2013, 12:08 PM
If your not using a beadlock rim then the bead might be coming off the rim in the corners. If you don't have a beadlock then you can use a inner tube. Autozone sells them.

zeroracing
06-09-2013, 12:48 PM
What kind of tire failure are you getting? Rolling off the run will knock the bead off and tire still intact(given you don't drive 20 laps on the rim). Bead lock will cure that, I used to tube also if I ha no bead lock. If your failures are complete tire failure and shred then you may have an overheating tire failure issue (unlikely in street stocks in a short race, I have only seen streets do it on large tracks in day races), you probably have a tire cutting issue, you might be catching the tire on something on your car. If your cutting the sidewalls out then you may be getting sidewall flex and it getting into something on the inside...

What air pressures have you ran?

ToddSmith16
06-09-2013, 05:33 PM
RR shock could be bottoming out or installing tire wrong on beadlock.

medina41
06-09-2013, 08:21 PM
I have tubes in all my tires and no I'm not running a bead lock on rr but in some races it's popped off the bead and others its shredded the tire

ToddSmith16
06-09-2013, 08:48 PM
there's your problem, never run a tube on the RR..the only place I would run one if I had to would be the LF.

setup479point2
06-09-2013, 11:33 PM
If allowed always run a beadlock on RR , and no tubes , not worth it.

medina41
06-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Cool thanks for the advice guys much appreciated

ToddSmith16
06-10-2013, 01:59 PM
either the tube doesn't have enough pressure to keep the sidewall of the tire and it's popping it off the rim or the tire is spinning on the rim and tearing the valve stem off. Tubes are not the way to go especially if you want to finish races on a regular basis! Good Luck!