PDA

View Full Version : Rayburn swingarm beginner setup

racinjason29
06-02-2013, 04:49 PM
I ran my first race last night and Ill tell ya, it was a handful compared to my bomber! I have a Rayburn swingarm/z-link, it has the new style pull bar with a good 4" green spring. The rear is on the short straight bar. what is a beginner friendly setup? Should I run the j-bar? Should I use the purple bar? Where should I place the links? Do these cars like more rear or front brake? I run on a 5/16 15 degree banking heavy track. Also IM on Rayburn KONI, 1300 Hoosiers

racin6mod
06-02-2013, 05:27 PM
we liked the purple bar with swingarm both sides.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-04-2013, 03:42 PM
This is for swingarm both sides:

Purple bar

55% left and 55% rear with driver

Konis from Rayburn on all 4 corners.

450# springs on rear

500# springs on front

200#lr

put the lower links as high as they go
Start about 5 degrees downhill to the rear on the trailing arms

Lower rr trailing arm to loosen on gas

lower lr trailing arm to tighten on gas

Always start with more rear brake. If you have a gauge, when the front reads 300#, the rear should be 600#

dualdj1
06-10-2013, 11:29 AM
if you stay with Z on the right, you may want to try stiffer RR spring. had better luck that way in general.

also, on bars, RR trailing = roll steer; lower = more, higher = less.
LR Trailing more affects forward drive. lower = more, higher = less.

if you stick with short straight bar, keep it more flat. more flat = less erratic, but also less forward drive. higher on both ends = looser, lower on both ends = tighter. Once you find a rake angle you like, stick with it and move both ends up or down the same amount when adjusting.

Otherwise purple bar probably better than J-bar. higher on frame = looser, lower on frame = tighter.

stevo
06-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Isn't higher on frame tighter as it lifts lr and makes side bite?

Dragoon55
06-16-2013, 11:37 AM
Isn't higher on frame tighter as it lifts lr and makes side bite? No, it doesn't work that way, you have Gravity, Centrifugal force and Air. Gravity pulls down on the car, Centrifugal force pulls laterally on the car and Air pushes down on the car. With a panhard bar its a question of RC height, lower RC is TIGHTER(More body roll), higher RC is LOOSER(Less Body roll).