PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil or Summernats?

TALON75
06-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Well it is that time for our team again, getting antsy and need to run some eastern races for a week . We will be wanting to race from July 3rd to the 7th(possibly leaving our equipment out there to race more later in the month). I looked at the schedules and to me it looks like we only have a couple choices really, run the Helltour(which we did last year) or hit a couple LOLMDS races in Ohio and a few unsanctioned in the area. I just want some thoughts on some of these tracks(muskingum,Portsmouth, SOS, 201), we realize making a LOLMDS main will be next to impossible but would be fun to try . The only real negative to the Helltour deal is that we have already raced at three of the tracks and we're kinda looking for something different . Also, maybe list some races later on in the month of July in the area we could hit. thanks

Schedue#1
july 3rd- LOLMDS- Muskingum County Raceway, zanesvlle OH
4th- LOLMDS- Portsmouth Raceway, portsmouth OH
5th- Unsanctioned- Southern Ohio Speedway, Wheelersburg OH
6th- Unsanctioned- 201 Speedway, Sitka ,KY
7th- UMP Summernats- Tri-state Speedway, Haubstadt IN

Schedule #2 Helltour
july 2nd(possibly) -Quincy Speedway, quincy ILL (raced here last year)
3rd- Jacksonville Speedway, Jacksonville ILL (raced last year, although both cars did not finish lap one of the heat race!ouch, Yes that was us!!lol)
4th- Lasalle Speedway, Lasalle ILL(raced last year)
5th- Fayette county Speedway,Brownstown ILL
6th-Highland Speedway, highland ILL
7th- Tri-state Speedway, Haubstadt IN

4bangerhotrod
06-03-2013, 11:00 PM
i would pick the sch 1, most of them tracks have good racing and i like all them except sos, they usually have good racing but the managment struggle with track prep and running the races. portsmouth is one of the nices facilitys they are and usually provides good racing, 201 is a awesome 1/4 mile track that provide great racing usually 2-3 wide all night. and the other tracks all usually provide good racing with good competition.

TALON75
06-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the reply, we are leaning towards the first schedule, but open tire rule may be a concern as we still have some LM20,30, and 40's from last year . Any other thoughts welcome,thanks

4bangerhotrod
06-05-2013, 02:53 AM
201 has a 1300 or harder tire rule for rear, the rest of the tracks are open i believe but a 20 would be plenty soft enough to start out on. prp is pretty hard on tires real abrasive and sos is usually pretty hard on them as well. i believe you could take them tires and be competitive at all these tracks.

Ben Dover
06-05-2013, 04:02 AM
if you you go to 201 you better have 1300's 20's will not keep up

TALON75
06-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Good Info, thanks guys . I figure we would run more 1300's than anything else just for the fact of how difficult it may be to make a main event. Any thoughts on the durabilty of the 1300's, I know last year we were suprised at how well the LM20's held up, we race on D55's and thought the softer compounds would wear out quicker . Also , you said 201 is a 1/4 mile track but it is listed as 3/8 and looks bigger than a 1/4 although it looks like some tight turns .

4bangerhotrod
06-05-2013, 05:46 PM
201 is a big 1/4. i believe its a 1/4 measured around the inside wall. i dont think it even measures 3/8ths around the very outside edge against the wall. its prob actually about 5/16th's on the outer edge of the racing groove. we measured it before but dont really remember exactly what it is. the corners are tight but the straights are pretty wide so it makes them more sweeping there not as tight as they look.