PDA

View Full Version : shaw question

4bangerhotrod
06-03-2013, 10:47 PM
our driver who races a late model has been driving a mod the last few weeks. the car is a new larry shaw car im not sure if its 2012 or 13. but the track is fairly slick the owner said he starts out with 10-20 lb of lr when we ran the heat we had 30 lb and half tracked the field. last week the track was extremly slick and we had 40lb of lr in for the features and car was good but had to start tail because of driver change, came up to 5th steering wheel come off and had to spin then came back to 6th. this week started pole but the track wasnt hardly as slick so we left the 30lb lr in the car intead of going to the 40lb like we should have but driver was afraid of the car not rotating good. the car was good but just didnt hardly have enough off the corner we still ran third. we talked about raising the lrt rod one hole but the owner said they told him not to raise it cause it jacked the car up and would make it almost like its trying to flip. i know on our lm we can raise the lrt rod and it will give great traction and still let the car rotate in the corner. we are new to mods and it seems crazy 10lb of lr will make that much difference since the lm we make 50lb wedge changes at a time and everything is a whole diff ball game. what's everyone think of raising the lrt rod on the new shaw cars whats your experience's with it and what do you do to get traction but still keep the car turning. car is bad fast but just need to get used to what changes to make when an how much.

thanks

powerslide
06-04-2013, 12:29 AM
When i tried raising mine a couple weeks back coming out of the corners it drove me straight to the wall. Granted i missed on the setup i thought it was drying out but they watered the race before ours. Tried just putting some wedge(40lbs) in this week after the heat because it was again starting to blow dust, again they watered a couple races before our main and ended up too tight but it was alot more driveable/manageable. I dont have a shaw i have a hoffman for the record