PDA

View Full Version : panhard question

redracersmod
06-07-2013, 12:56 PM
I am new to the dirt scene and just bought a 3 link sport mod with a pan hard mounted behind pumpkin and to the driver side frame on a slider. I understand moving it up will loosen the car and down will tighten. My question is do you lengthen the rod as you move it up and shorten it when you move it down or just leave it the length it is and move it up or down the frame rail? Thanks for the help in qdvance

junebug
06-07-2013, 01:08 PM
I am new to the dirt scene and just bought a 3 link sport mod with a pan hard mounted behind pumpkin and to the driver side frame on a slider. I understand moving it up will loosen the car and down will tighten. My question is do you lengthen the rod as you move it up and shorten it when you move it down or just leave it the length it is and move it up or down the frame rail? Thanks for the help in qdvance

when u raise or lower it, it will move the rearend side to side....you will have to lengthen or shorten it to keep the left side rotors in line so the rearend doesn't get moved too far one way or the other

redracersmod
06-07-2013, 01:19 PM
So the goal to keep the rear end centered is to line up the left side rotors front and rear?

7uptruckracer
06-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Not always depends how it was built. You want to find a reference point in the rear end like the top link bracket measure to your frame. They when you make a change make sure your reference measurement is still the same after the change depending on which way you move your bar your rear end can move side to side so you have to shorten or lengthen your bar to make sure your rear is back to its proper location after your change

junebug
06-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Not always depends how it was built. You want to find a reference point in the rear end like the top link bracket measure to your frame. They when you make a change make sure your reference measurement is still the same after the change depending on which way you move your bar your rear end can move side to side so you have to shorten or lengthen your bar to make sure your rear is back to its proper location after your change

7up is right...not all cars are built to have left rotor squared...most but not all...wherever your rearwnd is spose to be side to side is really critical so now matter what u do to the panhard bar u want to put that back to where it goes...the more angle the bar has the longer you'll have to make it the flatter it is the shorter it'll have to be