PDA

View Full Version : Right REAR BOTTOM ROD

crash46
06-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Have a 2010 Gen X, has a bracket on the frame where the bottom rod bolts up, where you can run a 14,16 and a 18 inch rod. We run the standard 16" rod and have run the 14" rod to tighten entry. Just wondering if we took the bracket off and installed a 18" rod what would happen, would it loosen entry. A friend of mine wanted to try it, but he doesn't race as much as we do so he wants me to try using the long rod. Wants me to be a science experiment LoL.

let-r-eat
06-09-2013, 09:47 PM
You want to run a longer rod if it loosens entry?Same angle? Same rear end placement in car static?

junebug
06-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Have a 2010 Gen X, has a bracket on the frame where the bottom rod bolts up, where you can run a 14,16 and a 18 inch rod. We run the standard 16" rod and have run the 14" rod to tighten entry. Just wondering if we took the bracket off and installed a 18" rod what would happen, would it loosen entry. A friend of mine wanted to try it, but he doesn't race as much as we do so he wants me to try using the long rod. Wants me to be a science experiment LoL.

it should loosen entry because it should slow down indexing into the rr spring ...then it should let the rr lift on throttle and make rr drive...that should loosen the car on the gas too