PDA

View Full Version : starts and restarts

dfhotlm33c
06-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Ok, this may seem like a ridiculous question. The car is finally handling at least somewhat like it should, but I can never seem to get starts and restarts right. The field is way the heck ahead of me, and I can never seem to roll into the throttle properly. It's not lack of engine, because I'm not even able to use any of what I have. It just seems like everyone's rear comes out in turn four, and they take off, and I'm just sitting there. When I roll into the gas, the rear doesn't come out, I just seem to head for the wall. I've tried various techniques of throttle and brake application, like winding up the engine while holding brake and then letting of the brake and trying to roll into gas more, but nothing seems to work. I just need help getting this thing to get started. I'm running same compound tires as everyone else, and am scuffing them, etc so they will fir quicker...I'm just lost..and last night it ended up putting me in the wall out of four..thanks

7uptruckracer
06-10-2013, 09:19 AM
If you notice most the big boys jerk the wheel to the left before they ever get into the gas, that's to get the car up on the bars without having to use the gas pedal, thats what we do, its a spit second before you fire off so you can get into the gas without wheel spin, 5th arm shock and Spring can play a factor as well as your LR shocks but if you think your good there might look at youtube google some restarts in WOO and Lucas Oil thats how we handle the restarts I've been there before once you get it you'll never have a problem again

el paso mod 19
06-10-2013, 09:59 AM
That is very interesting. I've never heard of this before. Makes perfect sense. Thank you.

7uptruckracer
06-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Also don't spin your tires on a hard race track it acts like a polishing stone and glazes them. So if you think you're sealing your tires over and you want to put heat in them go into the cushion and do it they will dig into it and do what you want. A hard packed shiny black race track is no different then a nice polishing stone and will glaze the tires in a heart beat hope this helps!

rubbinsracin
06-13-2013, 04:07 PM
can someone post a link from youtube that has someone doing this? i looked last night and could not find anything.

latemodels4life
06-13-2013, 09:05 PM
type in a you tube search dirt late model incar cam and you will see it,when I raced I did it to

7uptruckracer
06-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Search Ronnie Dehaven Jr. Winchester, he has some great in car footage. It's a useful method on small tight tracks that start you in the middle of the corner and your tight on someone