PDA

View Full Version : 12th Annual Soup Race coming soon to I-80

kearney
06-13-2013, 09:36 AM
12th Annual Soup Race coming soon to I-80

The 12th Annual Alphabet Soup Race is coming to I-80 Speedway on Friday, June 28. This year the soup will include CBC, MARS & MLRA. That means the event will be co-sanctioned by the Corn Belt Clash Series, the MARS Dirt Car Series and the Midwest Late Model Racing Association.

This will be the second time the CBC & MLRA have been to I-80 in 2013. In April at the Spring Meltdown both Chris Simpson & Terry Phillips picked up win in the two-day show.

Dave Eckrich currently sets atop the CBC point standing with Chad Simpson, Terry Phillips, Chris Simpson and Tony Jackson, Jr. rounding out the top five. Heading into the June 21/22 races at Humboldt & Mayetta, Kansas, Will Vaught had a slim two point lead over Terry Phillips in MLRA points with defending series champion John Anderson in third.

Tony Jackson, Jr. won the last MARS race, the Tony Roper Memorial at Monett, Missouri. The next race for MARS is this Saturday, June 15 at the Salina High Banks in Oklahoma.

Tire rule for the Super Late Models for the Alphabet Soup Race is as follows: WRS55 only on the front. Left Rear: WRS55 or 1640 only. Right Rear: WRS 55 or LO6 only. No LM40 or UMP40's.

The A Mods will also be racing at the Soup Race running IMCA type rules with no sanction and no entry fee if pre-registered with the feature paying $1,000 to win. Also racing will be unsanctioned B Mods for $500 to win and unsanctioned Hornets paying $200 to win.

Pit gates open at 4 pm, Grandstands at 5:30 pm with racing at 7:15 pm. Grandstand Admission is $20 for Adults, $5 for Juniors (6-12) with 5 and Under Free. I-80 Speedway is located one block north of Interstate 80Exit 420, halfway between Omaha and Lincoln. For more information, visit www.i-80speedway.com or call (402)-342-3453.