PDA

View Full Version : J bar on frame

Arrington002
06-13-2013, 10:11 PM
What are the effects of raising the j bar on the frame an inch? Have heard you need to resquare the rear end if you move it? Is this right? The car was really quick when the track was tacky at the beginning of the season and now that its dusting off, its just way too loose. Is raising the j bar really what i need to do to fix this? 4 Link bars were ran in nutural last weekend and it was still too loose. Its not bad loose on entry, just center on gas and exit is where its really bad.Thanks

7uptruckracer
06-14-2013, 07:38 AM
If you don't have radius mounting holes then yes you need to resquare, its good to check your measurement anyways. I'd only recommend 1/2" changes at a time. Pop your measurement from your 90/10 bracket to the frame before you make the change then check it after your change and resquare it based on the measurement. I'd look at LR bite and Right Lower Rod as options as well.

JustAddDirt
06-14-2013, 08:04 AM
If track is smooth, put a straight panhard bar on it.

Arrington002
06-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Got the j bar moved up about 3/4 inch on frame and rear end requared. How big of an adjusment is this really? and where is the tighten effect going to be? Entry, center, exit?

7uptruckracer
06-19-2013, 07:23 AM
I make mine in 1/2 increments but If you need to definitely know one way or the other its effects you will definitely feel it and say good or bad. It will mostly effect entry to the middle exit some but its more from the earlier effects in the corner. It changes your roll center and side bite