PDA

View Full Version : motor bogs down in middle of corner

regor
06-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Running an IMCA sportmod, the motor sounds fine of the straights, but it bogs down when I let off the gas going in and when I try to hit the gas I the middle of the corner. I'm going to check the float level in the carb, and check my timing, is there anything else I should be on the lookout for?

ToddSmith16
06-18-2013, 10:57 AM
check your plugs for color to see if your fat on the jets. your going in the right direction.

regor
06-18-2013, 08:02 PM
thanks.! I looked at the plugs and they only ran one night, but they didn't have hardly any brown on them, so I might be a little lean?

ToddSmith16
06-18-2013, 09:03 PM
hopefully you haven't already burned a hole in the piston if that's the case. I would check the float first, check timing and then adjust jets accordingly.

car23
07-07-2013, 09:16 AM
change your coil!! i fought this for 3 weeks car would die going in the corner just like it was out of fuel. then pick up ad fly down the straights. changed everything fuel related. tried 3 diff carbs u name it. we took the floor jack and lifted the car on the left side with it running till it cut off and the coil was so hot u couldnt touch it. i had the blaster coil mounted long ways instead of up and down. got 2 cars and they have been mounted that way for 2 years. replaced cil and prob went away. decided to replace the pickup in the msd dist since it was a several years old. glad we did because even though it was running the pick up fell apart when we took it out. pickups seem to gradually breakdown over time.