PDA

View Full Version : Axle tube ??? On a grt

twisterf5
06-20-2013, 05:45 PM
our team mate car is a 2000 GRT you can not set this car down. i have moved bars changed shocks/ springs you name it we tried it. changed set up last night and checked rear end and it has a 32inch LR and a 33inch RR on it never seen that before thought it should have more split than that. so i checked my car not a GRT but it had 3-1/2 inch of split in it. ??? is. what is the GRT rear end should be and do you think this is whats making this car pull the left front like it does.

moved the rear over as much as i could will see if this helps but have a feeling it is just a band aid.

SS Motorsports
06-20-2013, 06:27 PM
At least up until 2008 and probably later GRT's only had a 1 inch difference in axle tube length and that has nothing to do with it carrying the left front. Too much rake in the j-bar will cause that problem sometimes.

merc123
06-20-2013, 09:20 PM
On an old 3-link car I had it was carrying the LF real high. Moved the j-bar up a hole on the pinion and it set it back down but made the car tighter on entry.

LM14
06-20-2013, 11:09 PM
The GRT we had was very sensitive to j-bar angle. If you did a bit too much the hike was un-controllable. Our car had a 32/34 rearend in it if I remember correctly.

TWISTER
06-21-2013, 10:26 AM
GRT tubes are 34/35.

Dragoon55
06-23-2013, 05:34 PM
GRT tubes are 34/35. Thats what I remember too.

billetbirdcage
06-24-2013, 03:47 PM
The correct answer is 34/35, or if you have an offset car then it's 33/36. However some cars built in the 95 range might have had the option of the 33/35 rear which was just a 1" short LR car, but the 4link brackets were moved over right 1" on the LR.

billetbirdcage
06-24-2013, 03:56 PM
our team mate car is a 2000 GRT you can not set this car down. i have moved bars changed shocks/ springs you name it we tried it. changed set up last night and checked rear end and it has a 32inch LR and a 33inch RR on it never seen that before thought it should have more split than that. so i checked my car not a GRT but it had 3-1/2 inch of split in it. ??? is. what is the GRT rear end should be and do you think this is whats making this car pull the left front like it does.

moved the rear over as much as i could will see if this helps but have a feeling it is just a band aid.

If that is the rearend you have and have a 34/35 STD car, buy 2 2" wheel spacers and install on both rears. I can't imagine your cages lining up correctly unless the spacing is incorrect to the rotors or bells. You will need to set the cages the correct distance from the rotors minus the 2". So set the RR to 6" and LR 6" to 6.5" from the inside of a 1.25" rotor to the center of the shock mount.

Then the car won't know the difference between that and the correct rear end, you also need to go back to the correct j-bar length as it will be correct also.

Good luck

sj valley dave
06-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Our GRT is a 33/35 car per Garrison off the chassis number..Originally a 99..

twisterf5
06-24-2013, 04:49 PM
If that is the rearend you have and have a 34/35 STD car, buy 2 2" wheel spacers and install on both rears. I can't imagine your cages lining up correctly unless the spacing is incorrect to the rotors or bells. You will need to set the cages the correct distance from the rotors minus the 2". So set the RR to 6" and LR 6" to 6.5" from the inside of a 1.25" rotor to the center of the shock mount.

Then the car won't know the difference between that and the correct rear end, you also need to go back to the correct j-bar length as it will be correct also.

Good lucknot my car just helping out. they have the grt set up book on that car but it dont tell what rear it should have. big problem is they hung the body with too short of a j-bar and the rear to far to the left. i have it as far right as i can go, would like to run a wheel spacer but can't. and this team has no money so it is what it is.