PDA

View Full Version : crank problem

mod11h
06-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Today a friend had me look at his motor. on the back journal the #8 rod was beat pretty bad but not spun. the was a noticeable bump on the journal like it was offset ground only half way. not discoloration on any bearings or rods. end play was way bad too on the crank. what would cause this? 350 block stroked to 383 looks like a scat crank but no markings 5.7 rods speed pro pistons. didn't look like it was balanced to me. any ideas?

twisterf5
06-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Today a friend had me look at his motor. on the back journal the #8 rod was beat pretty bad but not spun. the was a noticeable bump on the journal like it was offset ground only half way. not discoloration on any bearings or rods. end play was way bad too on the crank. what would cause this? 350 block stroked to 383 looks like a scat crank but no markings 5.7 rods speed pro pistons. didn't look like it was balanced to me. any ideas?
had a 406 once bend one when cranking it. rear of car was on jacks over night and carb ran over and locked up #2 made rod look like a s