PDA

View Full Version : Biscuit Pullbar Bushings?

MM90
06-24-2013, 09:45 PM
I have a BSB Biscuit pullbar, bought it used complete unit. Don't know how many nights the bushing had on it, and I have 4 nights on it myself. I have read that every 5-6 nights you need to replace the bushings. My question is, how do yo know when to replace them? Just lack of forward drive? Travel on the pullbar indicator?

sobe92
06-24-2013, 10:45 PM
you should be able to get 12 nights out of it unless you on some really hooked up tracks. to prolong the life of the biscuit you should also pay attention to how you jack up the race car.

MM90
06-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Jeff, I have read the 5-6 nights on more than one message board and other publications. Just figured I would ask anyways.

The thing that got me thinking the bushing is getting worn is that new they are 5" long, setup calls for 1/4" pre load. Well in order for me to get my 1/4" pre load now my overall bushing length is closer to 4-1/2" long.

MM90
06-25-2013, 10:21 AM
you should be able to get 12 nights out of it unless you on some really hooked up tracks. to prolong the life of the biscuit you should also pay attention to how you jack up the race car.

So don't jack up the car by the rearend? I jack mine up by the LR underslung bar.

sobe92
06-27-2013, 06:11 PM
yes do not jack the car up under the rear end housing try to jack up the car under the chassis if possible. if you jack up under the rear end it overloads the biscuits and takes pinion angle out while it is sitting on the jack.