PDA

View Full Version : shock question

pfd60
06-27-2013, 07:58 AM
I was wondering what the best shock package for a weekend warrior is? I am new to super late models from sprints. I now have standard oil non adj shocks. I have read I do not necessarily need double adj. But do I need at least a set of gas shocks? I am not in too big of a hurry because I only have four races in it. Thanks.

rubbinsracin
06-27-2013, 08:55 AM
depends on the amount of traveling you do i would say. We race 2-3 different tracks that are all pretty close to the same so we just have one sent made by a local builder. I can say we have one kid that parks next to us as he has the afco 10 shock package and he seems to like them. we have another guy that kicks our butt every week and he is on off the shelf bilsteins from that series that requires you to run the spec shock.

pfd60
06-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks, I am just trying to spend wisely. Any word on the afco silver series?

Cdubb79w
06-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Thanks, I am just trying to spend wisely. Any word on the afco silver series?I've been told by guys who race for a living that they are a good reliable shock and that you get a lot for your money

pfd60
07-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Thank you for the input. I have a local guy that sells and services afco ten minutes from my house so they would probably be a good choice.

Matt49
07-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Thank you for the input. I have a local guy that sells and services afco ten minutes from my house so they would probably be a good choice.

A good relationship with your shock guy is critical. Most shock guys worth their salt know all areas of the car setup and will consult with paying customers.