PDA

View Full Version : FASTRAK Driver SPOTLIGHT - #187 David McCoy

FASTRAKPR
06-28-2013, 01:27 AM
FASTRAK Driver SPOTLIGHT **FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE** June 28th, 2013 FASTRAK PR

FASTRAK Drivers SPOTLIGHT - #187 David McCoy from Franklin, North Carolina – FASTRAK Southeast Weekly Regional Points Leader – Regular Racer at the Lavonia Speedway and Toccoa Motor Speedway in Georgia. Let’s get to know the driver in the #187 Barry Wright chassis they call “The Bad Boy”!!

Tell us about yourself.
I’m 35 years old and live in a small town. I’m engaged to the love of my life and have a beautiful 15 year old daughter, a 9 year old soon to be step-son who loves any kind of racing, a wonderful 4 year old son, and a 3 year old soon to be step daughter.

How did you get into racing? How old were you? First car/class?
My dad and mom both raced when I was young. They finally convinced me to race when I was 16. I started out in a 4 cylinder Pinto and wrecked my first 3 races. I won the 4th and the rest was history

What is your favorite racing memory?
Having the opportunity to race with some of the best in the business like the late Buck Simmons

Greatest achievement in your racing career?
Winning the Southeastern Latemodel Sportsman Series and the Winter Nationals at Oglethorpe Speedway Park. They were always goals of mine and it took a lot of hard work to win them.

Any superstitions (peanuts not allowed in pits, etc)?
I don’t like peanuts or $50 bills while in the pits.

What is the story behind running the number you choose?
I wanted a number that no one else would have

What is the hardest part of racing?
The fear of letting my fans, crew and family down

What got you involved with the FASTRAK Racing Series and what keeps you racing with the Series??
I was hired in 2007 by Kenny Harris Racing to run the full racing schedule, I enjoy the competition.

Tell us what you like most about your home track? What are some of your other favorite tracks & why do you like them so much? What’s the hardest track you’ve ever competed at?
My home track, Toccoa is a very fast track and always challenges me. Other favorites are any round track with dirt

What do you like to do when you are not racing?
Spend time with my family

People you’d like to thank & sponsors.

Barry Wright Race Cars, JRI Shocks, Renegade Racing Fuel, Foster Racing, Gabriel’s 24 Towing and Trucking, B&J Welding, Cowarts, Mixon Used Cars and Body Shop, Whitlock Recycling Foster Trucking, Bo Alewine Auto Crushing, Kenny Lamb Race Engines, Collins Signs, Junk Monkey, Athens Auto Wrecking, Turner Motorsports, Steve Turner, James and Brian Foster, Ricky and Todd Gabriel, and all my fans

IF YOU ARE AN INTERESTED FASTRAK DRIVER IN BEING APART OF THE 2013 FASTRAK DRIVERS SPOTLIGHT PLEASE CONTACT:
FASTRAK Companies International – PR Media Director – Wesley Outland – 919-262-5660 or email him at wesley@fastrakracing.com and we’ll make it happen!!

Stay tuned to www.fastrakracing.com as well as the FASTRAK Racing Series Fan Page on Facebook and/or follow @FASTRAK_Racing on Twitter to get up to the minute news and details as they become available.

FASTRAK Companies International would like to thank all of its marketing partners for their great and continuing support. Those 2013 sponsors include: Hoosier Race Tires, VP Racing Fuel, City Chevrolet, Sweeney Cars Chevy Buick GMC, Chevrolet Performance Parts, Vicci Apparel, TNT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis and RockAuto.com to our line-up of product sponsors.

If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Premier Pro Late Model Series in the Country please contact Stan Lester at the FASTRAK Corporate Office at (678) 935-7304 or Brian Haynes at (706) 340-4781. Also Visit the FASTRAK Racing Series online at www.fastrakracing.com and be sure to like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter at @FASTRAK_Racing!!