PDA

View Full Version : Turning

95rayburn
07-08-2013, 10:54 PM
It seems the only way to get my car turn on a really heavy track with lots of traction from center out is standing on gas hard what would cause this I have 450 rf 500 lf 400 lr 350 rr new green spring all nats neutral position 5 3/4 stagger in back 1/2 inch in front 54 left side 56 rear and 56 cross running all steel motor on gas with 621 rear gear. Just switched fron jbar to straighr bar left of pinion to left on frame

4bangerhotrod
07-09-2013, 08:53 PM
try to drop your cross down to about 54% an see what it does, this will tighten up entry some so if your already to snug on entry it will make it alittle tighter off the gas but 56% cross seems like an awful lot of cross to me even on a rayburn, when we was in rayburns we ran around 48% most of the time but we was on RR but when we did run LR we never was above 54%. You could also drop your RR rear bar down alittle or raise your LR rear bar up, both these adjustments will loosen the car on the gas an not effect entry off gas much at all. or if your swingarms are adjustable you can lower your LR swingarm or raise your RR swingarm. although you said the only way to get the car to turn is to stand on the gas hard im not sure thats a bad thing lol sure it would make it hard to drive in traffic but that is perfect for qualifying.

Graff Spee
07-10-2013, 02:00 AM
It seems the only way to get my car turn on a really heavy track with lots of traction from center out is standing on gas hard what would cause this I have 450 rf 500 lf 400 lr 350 rr new green spring all nats neutral position 5 3/4 stagger in back 1/2 inch in front 54 left side 56 rear and 56 cross running all steel motor on gas with 621 rear gear. Just switched fron jbar to straighr bar left of pinion to left on frame

It sounds to me that you just have too much side bite in the middle. I would just raise the panhard bar until it loosens up in the center.

jedclampit
07-10-2013, 06:50 PM

Why did you switch ph bars?

95rayburn
07-11-2013, 10:38 PM
I switched tryin to get more side bite

7uptruckracer
07-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Well tight on exit and through the middle is to much sidebite Go back to the Jbar and adjust the your rake. The short bar gains rake to quickly and your going to struggle with consistency in the heavy with a straight bar, they are rarely run anymore the Cons outweight the Pros

95rayburn
07-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Car turs great in traffic seems like the straight bar works good with me and my rayburn won two features with it