PDA

View Full Version : HANS Question?

jeff89
07-09-2013, 04:34 PM
My parents have been on me lately about getting a HANS device. Its mainly my mom she keeps thinking that im going as fast as NASCAR cars are going which my speeds are nowhere near those speeds in a Crate late model and a Street stock car. I have been racing for over 6 years im 21 now and i have seen some nasty wreaks and people walk away from it due to wearing a HANS. i have been looking around at a few different styles of HANS the (Simpson Hybrid Pro) and the (Traditional HANS) i just wondering if anyone on here has one or has worn either and what are your thoughts on them? Im plainning on getting one sometime in the next week or two.

Thanks for the thelp.

RACR_73s
07-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Hans is making an adjustable one now...I would look into that one.

zeroracing
07-09-2013, 07:00 PM
My parents have been on me lately about getting a HANS device. Its mainly my mom she keeps thinking that im going as fast as NASCAR cars are going which my speeds are nowhere near those speeds in a Crate late model and a Street stock car. I have been racing for over 6 years im 21 now and i have seen some nasty wreaks and people walk away from it due to wearing a HANS. i have been looking around at a few different styles of HANS the (Simpson Hybrid Pro) and the (Traditional HANS) i just wondering if anyone on here has one or has worn either and what are your thoughts on them? Im plainning on getting one sometime in the next week or two.

Thanks for the thelp.

I use a NecksGen and could not be happier, adjustable angle, comfortable and easy to use. They are SFI 38.1 certified.

racinjj
07-10-2013, 07:36 AM
I have been using a standard HANS for the last 7 years and wouldnt get in a car without one. I find it more comfortable without having the seat belts diggin into my colar bone and their is no limiting of your head movement with the sliding teathers they have now. I have been in some pretty good wrecks and never even been sore thanks to the HANS and a full containment seat. With all the real world and testing data its kind of amazing people arent using one of the handful of systems out now. You are going plenty fast with a street stock or crate late to get seriously hurt, hit a blunt wall end or a big tire head on at 60mph and you will wish you had a head and neck restraint on.

7uptruckracer
07-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Make sure you seat fits with it a standard original Hans is tricky, BUT the adjustable hans works great so does the Defender, and the Hybrid are all excellent, once you wear one you will never get in one without it. Yes they are expensive, but how much is your life worth?

C10
07-10-2013, 10:15 PM
The HANS or other neck restraint is a great idea for ANY racer. There was a wreck in Davenport Iowa last weekend, and the guy involved had 2 fractured vertebra so it does and is happening. Its not the speed that kills, its the sudden stop that gets yah !