PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Hershey Readies for Second Half of the Season

prodirtcar32
07-09-2013, 06:59 PM
July 9, 2013

Tyler Hershey starts 2nd half of the season with a fine 4th place finish at “The Knob”…

As the heat wave across the Mid-Atlantic continues, Tyler Hershey and his family owned race team are ready to get hot on the track and get back at it as they enter the second half of the 2013 racing season. The first half of the season produced some great racing for the 22 year old chauffeur who recorded numerous top 5 finishes. After taking a few weeks off for a little rest & relaxation and to put a new body and wrap on the teams MBH #74, Tyler loaded up and headed to Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex this past Saturday, where he won his competitive heat race, locking him into the 25 lap feature. After a hard fought race, Tyler brought the Ramsey’s Septic Service/JWP Environmental, Inc. /Hershey’s Racing Engines mount home with a great 4th place finish.

“The car was great on Saturday” stated Hershey. “I hurt us a little with my tire choice. We had a much better car then the 4th place finished showed, I just picked the wrong tire. I really like Roaring Knob, we have run great there almost any time we’ve been there including last month’s Speedweek show. My dad and the crew are really working hard in the shop and it shows, we ran 4 of the 5 Speedweek shows and ended with a 4th & a 6th place finish against the best in the region. Huey & Billy keep working with us getting the car a little better each week. I just can’t thank the guys and our sponsors for sticking with us the past few years. I really am excited for the second part of the season as we are getting better & better” added Tyler.

The second part of 2013 will mirror the first part as the team will pick and choose were they feel that they have the best opportunity to race. As of now the team is tentatively scheduled to participate in this weekend’s Winchester/Hagerstown shoot-out. For updates you can follow along with Tyler’s twitter account by logging on to Tyler’s official web site at www.tylerhershey.com

Tyler Hershey Racing Sponsor Spotlight – Hershey’s Racing Engines
Located in Greencastle, Pennsylvania, Hershey’s Racing Engines have been providing customers with custom race engines for nearly every type of vehicle imaginable. From asphalt to dirt, and street rods to sprint cars, they have an engine package that will put you in the winner’s circle. With first class service and attention to detail, Curtis Hershey and his staff will fit you up with performance power to fit your need and budget. Hershey’s uses nothing but the best parts available, combined with all in-house machine work and the latest technology. Give them a call at (717)375-4815.

Keep up to date with all of Tyler’s racing news on his official web site at www.tylerhershey.com. You can also find Tyler on Facebook & Twitter.

Tyler Hershey Racing would like to thank all the team’s sponsors for their continued support:
Hershey’s Racing Engines, JWP Environmental, Inc., ALH Bookkeeping & Business Services, Blue Fish Marketing, KRS Graphics, MBH Race Cars, Ramsey’s Septic Service, Fred Design with associate help from 340 Defense, Keizer Wheels, VP Racing Fuels, Hooker Harness, HTMA, The Brake Man, Schaeffer Racing Oil, Bell Helmets, & SignDesign/Bill Funk.

Upcoming Races: Tentative, Subject to change without notice
July 12th – Winchester Speedway - Shootout
July 13th – Hagerstown Speedway - Shootout
July 19th – Winchester Speedway

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media