PDA

View Full Version : What the????????

MEB4U
07-09-2013, 09:48 PM
I was looking at an older mod today and it was a swingarm across the back but the coilovers are mounted to the front of the birdcages on both sides. What the heck is gonna happen with that setup? Does that work?? Thanks

racin6mod
07-14-2013, 05:29 PM
that would be a z-link car if I understand you correctly. the spring rates would be a lot like a 4 -bar car and would work more like a 4 bar system. if the price is right I wouldn't be afraid of it plus you can switch it over to a 4 bar pretty easy with top mounts.

MEB4U
07-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Well I was thinking z-link but ive never been around it. I got to drive the car a couple weeks ago and it seemed to do ok. It was really tight entering, but had decent drive off once you got it pointed in the right direction. Its set up more with swing arm springs 350lr 250-275rr. Think softer springs be better to try??Im not sure if I will be able to drive it again but id like to help these guys out anyway. Ive only ran swingarm and a swingarm- 4 bar combo. So im new to this

racin6mod
07-20-2013, 02:03 PM
sounds a little stiff to me on the rear what's the front end

MEB4U
07-20-2013, 08:03 PM
LF 750 RF700 I think, I know from some earlier posts that people are running a lot softer springs than what I ran 4-5 years ago. Ive not been in a mod but once or twice a year for the last 3 years. I know things have changed a lot so im really having to play catch up with about a 5-6 year old car