PDA

View Full Version : tire question

redracersmod
07-10-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm new here and new to racing dirt. I have a northern sport mod. I was given two tires from another racer who races the unlimited mods that are like brand new other than he blistered the second row of tread. He told me I could run them with no problems if I put the blisters toward the inside of the right rear or run it on the right front. My question is do you guys think this would be ok? Should I run them at all or am I asking for trouble? I would think the best place to run it on the front would be the left front as it doesn't seem to get as much force exerted on it. Thanks for the help in advance

powerslide
07-10-2013, 10:05 AM
if you must run them run them on the LF. Most teams that blister tires throw them away.

redracersmod
07-10-2013, 10:59 AM
So you wouldn't run it on right rear or right front?

racinjj
07-11-2013, 01:09 PM
The tire is not like brand new if its blistered, especially with a G60. Like powerslide said, if you must use it the left front is the best place for it. I would throw away a blistered tire, its not going to be competetive.

JHobbs26
07-12-2013, 02:32 AM
use it for hotlaps

redracersmod
07-12-2013, 09:09 AM
The track he blistered the tire at is well known for being hard on tires its a sandy track I guess (never been there) the track I run is clay and takes rubber really well as it starts to dry out. And it almost always goes dry slick.

Modlitefan0
07-12-2013, 09:33 AM
I have a quick question that I would like for you to see if you can get answered. Was the "new" tire purchased this year and was he running it with an open motor or crate.In my opinion, I would run them on the LF as well and definately make sure you grind them. With how big of junk these G60s are we will only run them for 1 race a night and throw a different set on. We have different tires for HL, heat, and feature.

redracersmod
07-12-2013, 09:59 AM
He did tell me he had just bought the tires the week before. So he wasn't very happy. And he runs an open motor. He gave them to me because I run a limited sport mod. I have been running other unlimited mods takeoffs for the whole year just haven't been given a blistered tire yet. Most the unlimited mods around here run a set of tires a night or two then get new ones and most the time there take offs have at least 3/4 life left in them.

Modlitefan0
07-12-2013, 10:08 AM
10-4 thank you. I am trying to gather some info here and see what is going on. We are having tire issues this year that we have never really had issues with before and I was told last night that the new IMCA tires were being made with plastic in the rubber so that the open motor guys will blister them with the higher rpms than the crates.

charcoal01
07-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Lol why would that not surprise me.