PDA

View Full Version : Aero tight

fast_crew
07-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Wondering what some of you guys are doing for aero tight issues when getting up behind another car. Very different type of car as we are running a winged sprint, but we are just looking for ideas and what seems to work. exe: hood wicker bill, more nose weight, free car up more, etc. Not much tech out there in the sprint car world. Thanks for any approaches that you guys may have taken or ideas. Thanks

7uptruckracer
07-17-2013, 08:14 AM
It's hard to do because the car in front of you is disrupting the air getting to your front wing and your losing the aero downforce that's planting your front tires. You can't really change the front aero package because there is no air to redirect because the car in front of you is creating a hole. The most common practice is to set it up to be in traffic and maybe run the car free. You might be on the looser side if your out front however. The only thing you might be able to do is to run some kind of front valance to create a nose of sorts you can try to seal off to the track so air can't go under the car creating lift but at the same time with a front wing if you don't create a way to force the air to the top of the front wing you might create more lift if it goes up under it. Try different kinds of engine bay side covers to seal off holes and what not so air can't go through the chassis up front and help create side force.

7uptruckracer
07-17-2013, 08:20 AM
I helped crew my buddies Virginia Sprint Series 305 Sprint car. Looking at his you could maybe run some kind of nose bill on the Right Side. Move your front and Rear Wings forward and run more angle in your front wing. It would take some of your rear downforce away make for a freer car and maybe help plant the front. Probably run more toe out so your front tires have some more heat. Hope this helps its been awhile since I've been around his and he runs asphalt and dirt. I noticed the asphalt ones had more of a front nose valance and the front noses were lower.