PDA

View Full Version : Possable brake issue ??

PA Dirt Fan
07-16-2013, 06:21 AM
Got into a wreck about a month ago and since that the car just doesn't seem to react much to changes it was a good car ran up front and won now were not even close to where we were before we had it on the jig it's straight changed the bent suspension parts checked everything front and rear for bindes we broke a RR rotor 2 weeks ago put new ones on ran 2 nights now the RR has 2 small cracks in it already. My question is if you would have a RR brake hanging up and do a lot of trail breaking what effect would it have on the car maybe all this time we've been chasing the wrong thing and just digging ourselves in a deeper hole

4 bar 2011 rocket

racin6mod
07-16-2013, 05:48 PM
I would think if the rr was dragging the car would want to turn right or be very tight all the time. like a tractor you can turn one on a dime by stepping on the right or left rear brake pedal.

dirty white boy
07-16-2013, 06:15 PM
sounds like a bent axle tube on rr to me...

Matt49
07-16-2013, 07:03 PM
I would think if the rr was dragging the car would want to turn right or be very tight all the time. like a tractor you can turn one on a dime by stepping on the right or left rear brake pedal.

Wrong. Tractors have a differential rear end which allows for that. Late models (at least 95% of them) have a spool. You can't make one wheel slow down or speed up faster than the other when the wheels are forced to spin at the same speed with the spool.

If one of your rear brakes (either one) is dragging, you are going to have a loose car.