PDA

View Full Version : Chaining Righ Rear of Car?

ChadJacks
07-16-2013, 02:54 PM
My driver seems to always be loose on exit. The rear end of the car really likes to hang out. The car is a 4 bar rocket mod. I have heard that chaining the right rear from traveling too far will really tighten car off corner. Has anyone tried this?

johnny v
07-16-2013, 06:49 PM
everywhere your on the gas... not just off the corner....

speedbuggy
07-17-2013, 10:57 AM
How does chaining the RR tighten the car?

charcoal01
07-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Stops the rr. From climbing the bars, killing some drive on that tire and also keeping more sidebite in it.

rubbinsracin
07-17-2013, 12:43 PM
it is a very hit and miss strategy in my opinion. if its right, WOW is it hooked up, but if its wrong, makes for a very hard car to drive. If you are going to do it, i would call the manufacturer and get a pretty go idea how much travel they would suggest you limit.

i know when we did in on a late model, we limited ours to a 1 inch gap between the spring and coil over nut. it was good on a very smooth track, but if it was rough in any way or there was a even a slightly above average amount of bite, it was pretty touch and go in traffic.

7uptruckracer
07-17-2013, 02:16 PM
I've used it on the RR a fair amount I also use a 1" gap in the slick. Keeps it from gaining bar angle. I'd make sure you use a bearing mount on the tube though otherwise not nearly as smooth. Have it all the way backed off in the Tack on your gap

ChadJacks
07-17-2013, 02:37 PM
We really only need it in the slick. Probably wouldnt use on tacky tracks. You who have tried it give it 1" of travel beyond the spring?

johnny v
07-17-2013, 06:19 PM
I run it with 1.5 " slack from RIDE HEIGHT.... I set mine up like Mark Bush explains in the Sept 2011 Dirt Mod Mag....

"You can set up a right rear suspension limiting chain to have between 1 and 1.5" of slack (at chassis ride height ) to tighten on-throttle handling."

7uptruckracer
07-17-2013, 06:48 PM
Ill have To try that on one mines 1" collar gap off spring it might be about the same as 1.5 from ride height something cool to maybe see later tonight! I got the 1" off the collar from mark bush as well this year though. Could be a spring thing I dunno it's been to hot today to think it out!