PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein SZ shock question

72Dubya
07-22-2013, 04:32 PM
To everyone running these shocks, do you seem to be experiencing a little more bouncing in your car than usual? I have been running these shocks for two years, and the new set I put on this year seem to have my car bouncing around. Checked all of them and they are all testing like they are new. Just wondering...

ToddSmith16
07-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Increase your compression or spring rate. It's not the shocks that are bad it's your base set-up.

7uptruckracer
07-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Dunno about dirt but in asphalt there is a new trick of running the really good Ohlins piston on a reworked Bilstein Shaft and stuffing it in the Bilstein body. The piston creates a ton of bite

72Dubya
07-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Increase your compression or spring rate. It's not the shocks that are bad it's your base set-up.

All my set up specs and springs and shocks are exactly as I have been told by very reliable people. I will not say the names on this thread, but I can pm you if you don't believe me. But anyways, its not an uncontrollable bounce, just watching videos from previous years I have noticed it is just a little jumpier at times.

backspace
07-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Quit carrying those mexican jumping beans in your race suit,,dummy,,,,,LOL

ToddSmith16
07-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Well I know your source...and different set-ups are for different drivers and their styles! His set-up is for well experienced drivers...fyi! I don't think I could be that good as he is with his set-up! It sure is different than most and not to many drivers are on it! I can't go over 240lbs of bite then at that point it doesn't fit my driving style. To each their own.

72Dubya
07-24-2013, 11:04 PM
if you have bounce its because you cant control the rebound of the spring. something like a 6040 rf would be a good starting point.

I have 8050 8040 80.20 for my most common rf shock.

rr are either 4040 pr 5030 6040

Those are some of the shocks I have tried. Some helped a little and some made it worse. I am going to retest my shocks, rate my springs, and rescale and go from there. Thanks for the input though! I might retry some of those if my plans don't find anything!

And Todd, I figured if I want to be good in a street stock someday I had at least learn with what the frontrunners have, and it fits my style as well! These dang cars are so much more different than the sportsman/b mods I ran before this car lol