PDA

View Full Version : 7.5deg spindles

leafsovrbrs
07-24-2013, 06:09 PM
im buying a set of keyser 7.5 deg.steel pinto mustang 2 spindles I think the stock ones are 10 deg but not sure-- has anybody used the 7.5 spindle and if so what is the benefit and will I have to change top aframes or any thing else so I don't mess up a good handling racecar ---thanks in advance--

washeduptoo
07-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Make sure its legal for your rules

JustAddDirt
07-25-2013, 08:11 AM
you do have to adjust your upper a-frame out to compensate for the 2.5-3º bout a 1/4".
With the 7º :
When you turn wheel to left, it will not load the RR tire as much.
When you back steer to right, it will not load the LR as much.
My car was tight on entry, so I put the 7º on.
Car was good on entry, but if you had to back steer to right it did not feel right to me..
I put 7º on just the on LF and it helped greatly.
If you have a good handling car, I would not mess with spindles.
Just my 2 cents though.

want2bafast1
07-29-2013, 09:43 PM
I tried 7 deg spindles they did give more clearance for the shocks but didn't notice any handling change.They shouldn't change your handling good or bad. Good luck

leafsovrbrs
07-30-2013, 04:15 AM
thanks for the input ----the other reason im buying these spindles is that there forged steel where the ones iwas buying were cast and we broke two of them with just a slight bump---and taking out the shock in the process $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

JustAddDirt
07-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Any aftermarket ones are not like the original Ford Pinto-Mustang II Forging.

They may be forged, but they are in no way near as strong as the original spindles.
These aftermarket units were remade for street-rods, and rat-rods, they don't need to be as strong as original Ford's were. they are re-popping these as cheap as they can.
They are a piss poor forging, they are very grainy, and look a lot like a cast spindle when they break.
Find a set of ORIGIONAL FORD units and be done with it.
If you sell your car, put the aftermarket ones on it..

If you really look at the 7-7.5-8º spindle they are just moving the top tapered ball-joint hole towards the vertical post of the spindle.
You can weld up, and re-drill your origional if you feel froggy enough.