PDA

View Full Version : preloading RR spring

racinrocket1
08-01-2013, 10:56 PM
I know rocket is now preloading the RR spring so that on corner entry you don't have to wait for the car to fall the 1 1/2 - 2" (per say ) till your on the spring. now what im wondering is will it make the car tighter in and through the center since its already on the spring when entering the corner ? I have been wanting to try this but am afraid since my car has been so good lately . I put my car on jack stands and let the rear hang and jacked the RR up till it just started to load the spring and made a limiter chain but im not sure if its to much or not. any insight on this would be great seeing as im going to a different track tomorrow night and it would be a great night to test it but wana be sure I have done this right. thank you in advance

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-02-2013, 08:48 AM
I know rocket is now preloading the RR spring so that on corner entry you don't have to wait for the car to fall the 1 1/2 - 2" (per say ) till your on the spring. now what im wondering is will it make the car tighter in and through the center since its already on the spring when entering the corner ? I have been wanting to try this but am afraid since my car has been so good lately . I put my car on jack stands and let the rear hang and jacked the RR up till it just started to load the spring and made a limiter chain but im not sure if its to much or not. any insight on this would be great seeing as im going to a different track tomorrow night and it would be a great night to test it but wana be sure I have done this right. thank you in advance

You are most likely going to notice the biggest change on corner exit.

7uptruckracer
08-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Thats not what I'd call preloading, but yes the chain is limiting RR bar angle gain for more LR drive on exit and very very effective in the slick you won't notice much change on entry because the RR spring is in a state of unloading due to the birdcage indexing away. I'd start it 1" and work your way to zero on how much you let the collar come off the spring on hike and in the heavy let is hang to normal droop

racinrocket1
08-02-2013, 12:19 PM
thanks guys for the help....