PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Setup Questions

RACR_73s
08-07-2013, 09:08 PM
2005 GRT floating X - car is fast and have a couple feature wins but I am looking for a little more to adjust and fine tune the setup. Would like to tighten entry a little all night and entry/middle as the night goes on without loosening exit. Don't want to tighten entry/middle at the expense of exit. WE are only allowed to run LM40's

1st - I am thinking of changing the LF spring to help tighten the car going into the corner...

What would be a good starting point for going up in spring rate...25#? 50#?

Will this only effect corner entry?

2nd - I am thinking of shortening the right side rear bars...

Do you shorten only the lower bar or both?

How much should I try shortening it?

3rd - What about wheel offset...I mounted a 6" for the RR and a 3" for the LR with an 1 3/4 stagger that I am also thinking of trying. I go from 5" of stagger at the beginning of the night to 2-3" come feature time but keep 5" offsets on both.

Try both at once or only one or the other?

~Thanks~

grt74
08-07-2013, 09:14 PM
all of those ideas will work but the answer is really up to you,what you like,i would only change one at a time if your really close,that way you know which on works for ya
good luck sounds like your real close

crewchief32
08-08-2013, 02:35 AM
Adding left front spring will have the biggest affect on entry with very minimal effect on exit.

RACR_73s
08-08-2013, 05:21 AM
grt - thanks, I only plan on making one at a time. I am more or less looking for the best possible starting point without going overboard or not going far enough and discarding the idea because it doesn't work.

cc32 - How much would you go up in spring # to start? Thanks.

hpmaster
08-08-2013, 05:49 AM
IF you have test time I would try to establish what is too much left front spring for that chassis, pushing like a single axle dump truck. Finding out where a particular car gets undrivable under different conditions to establish upper and lower limits for springs but these limits are to me most critical on the left front because it has so much influance on entry. IF you do not have test time I would only go up 25lbs, keep notes on conditions and watch for a push. Before you can fix any thing else you have to get a car to enter the corner well. JMHO

crewchief32
08-08-2013, 11:01 AM
When I get over the 450lb barrier I will tend to go in 50lb increments cause with that much spring on a dirt track it doesn't seem to be very effective only going 25lb

rubbinsracin
08-08-2013, 12:05 PM
we go with 500 on the LF on pretty much all of our cars we have had including a 06 masters. i had been as high as 575 which is when the car got really bad. dropped back to a 500 and never changed it.

grt74
08-08-2013, 05:29 PM
lf spring is entry only adjustment,right side bars(shorten or lengthen)whole corner adjustment,off set wheels to me a last resort,only if your out in left field,50 lbs on lf should be a noticable difference,you know reading this you may play with your air pressure some if your just looking for a little you may be surprised how it can help
if you pm me and tell me your complete setup, and what you adjust now for feature setup,there are somethings you can do,but you may be doing it already,i dont know so ill need more info to give you accurate info