PDA

View Full Version : Switching rear end offset....?

erm11
08-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Due to tearing up the ring and pinion in my 60in 2 offset qc I need to change to 60 centered rear I have laying around to finish out season. What effect will this have on car,I am having to put in 2" longer jbar. Thinking car will be more free on entry....? This is spring behind car.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Due to tearing up the ring and pinion in my 60in 2 offset qc I need to change to 60 centered rear I have laying around to finish out season. What effect will this have on car,I am having to put in 2" longer jbar. Thinking car will be more free on entry....? This is spring behind car.

Your j bar push point is farther right. You may actually find entry to be tighter. Your lift bar, pull bar, whatever, is farther right. That will loosen exit.

racin6mod
08-14-2013, 06:19 PM
why not pull the tubes or the bells and tubes. the effects on the chassis and drive line maybe more trouble than switching parts around? the drive shaft,pullbar,9010 shock if you run one will all be out of line some you cam adjust.

erm11
08-14-2013, 08:10 PM
One is a frankland, one is a winters. I flipped the 2"spacer to the other side of the pullbar at the rearend so it is in the same place above the rearend. My car builder says he has guys with both,suggested only change might be to
raise jbar at frame 1/2 in.

JustAddDirt
08-15-2013, 09:33 AM
what kind of car do you have know Ed?

erm11
08-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Bandit. Car has been really good,we have just had some unbelievably bad luck. Ran 3 times,leading 1st night out and broke pullbar with 6 to go,running 2nd on night 2,dropped valve in motor, broke ring gear 3rd night. Brian says I should be ok with the centered rear, just looking on here for some other input to mull over. lol

Renegade Cust Susp
08-15-2013, 12:44 PM
The center section won't move the rube lengths and wheel location will. But center section reference to the chassis shouldn't move and birdcage location should still be relevant to the center section. It will be like running your 2off rear end with a 4in off RR wheel and a 0 offset on lr basically. Because if you don't change the j bar length essentially the relation between the chassis and center section hasn't changed. So it shouldn't have much if any effect on drive line angle.

racin6mod
08-15-2013, 08:11 PM
zero offset wheel might be hard to find . just pull the axle tube out and switch them with the car being that good I would want to stick with that set up.