PDA

View Full Version : DJ Myers Heads to Virginia with the Three State Flyer Series

prodirtcar32
08-14-2013, 04:25 PM
August 14, 2013

DJ Myers Motorsports records another Top 10 Finish in Three State Flyer action…

After a few weeks off, DJ Myers and the 70J team returned to action this past weekend at the Hagerstown Speedway in Hagerstown Maryland. On tap this past Saturday was the 35 lap Roberts Memorial/Bowers-Durham Championship event, paying a cool $3,000 to the winner. The event, sanctioned by the Three State Flyer series drew 27 of the area’s best Super Late Models to the historic half mile. With Time Trials on tap DJ would go out and lay down the 3rd best lap of the night, following that up with a 2nd place run in his competitive heat race. After the nights redraw, DJ would start the Honey Fly Farms/Hershey’s Racing Engines/PPM Chassis from the 4th starting spot. Once the green flag dropped, the race went nonstop with the leaders setting a blistering pace, completing the 35 laps in 12 minutes and 31 seconds, destroying the old Hagerstown Speedway 35 lap record of 15 minutes flat. DJ had a competitive car all night; bring the 70J home in 7th place as the checkered flag fell.

“It was a pretty good night for us” said the Greencastle, Pennsylvania chauffeur. “Mark (Pettyjohn) put on a clinic out there this week. We were set-up for a few cautions, but they never came. My crew has done a great job figuring out the car for Hagerstown. We have struggled there in the past but have been pretty good the last few times we’ve raced there. Each week we are getting better with this new PPM Chassis. I am excited for some of the season ending, bigger paying races this fall. I really look forward to the longer races; it seems to suit my driving style a little better. Curtis (Hershey) has the engines running great and the guys are working real hard to get the car where it needs to be. Without them and the rest of my sponsors, I wouldn’t be able to do this. The whole team and I want to try to reward them for all their support with a few wins before the year ends” Added Myers.

This coming weekend, DJ and the team will load up his self owned 70J and head south to Virginia to compete in a Three State Flyer double header weekend in the Shenandoah Valley. Friday the team will unload in Waynesboro, Virginia at Eastside Speedway prior to heading to scenic Natural Bridge Speedway in Natural Bridge, Virginia on Saturday. Both races will pay $3,500 to win.

You can now stay up to date on any schedule change or news concerning DJ and the 70J team on the team’s official twitter page @djmyers70j

DJ Myers Motorsports would like to thanks all of their 2013 Marketing Partners:
PPM Racing Products, Honey Fly Farms, Hershey’s Racing Engines, Myers Construction, K.R.S. Graphics, Walls Wallpapering & Painting, NAPA of Greencastle along with product sponsorship from ATI Super Damper. Baker Carburetion, Beyea Custom Headers, C-Line Products, Callies Performance Products, Cometic Gaskets, CP Pistons, CV Products, Dyers Top Rods, Falcon Racing Transmissions, Fast Shafts, HTMA, ISKY Cams, Ohlins, PBM Products, SignDesign/Bill Funk, Total Seal Piston Rings, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Winters Performance and Wix Filters.

For all you racers and race car enthusiasts don’t forget to give PPM Race Products a call for all you parts needs. The family owned business based in Rockwood, Tennessee was built on producing high quality parts at a reasonable price while specializing in customer service. Whether it is a complete car or just one little part, let PPM Race Products be your one stop shop. Give them a call at (877)560-0619 or find them on the web at www.ppmracingproducts.com

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media