PDA

View Full Version : question about other drivers

Duckhnter83
08-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Ok this is my first season we race every other night at the local track and I understand I'm a rookie but I strive to be the best driver I can be by having my car under control and not wrecking other peoples cars. I know I have had a few time I over drove my car and spun out but I'm normally pretty smooth and hold my own line.My question is at our track we have one guy who just obviously doesn't get it he is I believe a danger to everyone around him he has been racing 3 years and is all over the track constantly spinning out constantly loosing control and whipping from flag stand to infield and well now as a result this is the second time he has wrecked up my car pretty bad. What do you guys think should be done to stop this? I did want to beat his face in but I'm more classy of a racer then to go do that. But there has to be something? What would you guys do?

charcoal01
08-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Have you tried approaching him with your displeasure? I was getting roughed up a little when I moved up into the mod class and surprising enough I had a quick conversation with each of them, letting them know I knew it was them hurtingmy car and that if they continued to do so, I would do everything in my power to wreck their equipment every chance I got and it pretty much stopped. I didn't threaten to fight them or physically harm them, just let it be known to race me clean or it was going to get dirty. If that doesn't work, contact track officials with your concerns and video if you have any. Then if that doesn't work, wreck the helll out of him. Good luck.

Duckhnter83
08-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Unfortonatly its not just rubbin or roughing each other up its an all out accident every weekend with him some worse than others he can't get through a corner at all he is from flag stand to infield going down the straits and that's not cause he drives it there its him trying to control his car. So I don't believe talking with him will help. I have really thought about wrecking the hell out of him but I don't want to jack up my car again. But I just may do that still. Every one in the sport mods at the track knows he is a very bad driver. I may bring it to the attention of track officials. But I feel it will fall on deaf ears

jsf74
08-18-2013, 06:49 PM
He paid the money to be out there just like you. If he's so bad why don't you just pass him and not worry about it. Not trying to be a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) but I've noticed I always race with the same pack of cars every week who are the same speed as me. If you are constantly by the same guy maybe you have a problem too.

Duckhnter83
08-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Well its not me that has the problem. I do pass him actually both times I have had this problem with him he has been a lapped car. I'm just tired of spending money for some other guys inability to drive. I have no problem getting around any other car at the track.

jsf74
08-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Well thats a different story then. Maybe try and help and offer a hand. I had a lot of problems my rookie year until another driver helped me out. I know you don't want tore up cars but the last thing any track wants is less cars to race. There might be something simple that would help him maybe not be fast but at least under control? Just an idea. Not everyone is a natural "me included" but we have a passion for racing and that is enough to keep us coming back every week trying to improve and chasing our dream of standing in victory lane.

9modified
08-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Well thats a different story then. Maybe try and help and offer a hand. I had a lot of problems my rookie year until another driver helped me out. I know you don't want tore up cars but the last thing any track wants is less cars to race. There might be something simple that would help him maybe not be fast but at least under control? Just an idea. Not everyone is a natural "me included" but we have a passion for racing and that is enough to keep us coming back every week trying to improve and chasing our dream of standing in victory lane.

Great reply jsf74. Glad to know there still racers out there who cares about others. And doesn't think the track revolves around them.

JustAddDirt
08-19-2013, 11:46 AM
That is something that I try and do for new people, as well, or anyone that has a good car and struggling mechanically, or driver related.

If someone has a ill handling car, they are impossible to drive, so advise helps both parties.

1 they get faster, and more under control.
2 they are no tearing up equipment, theirs or someone else.

johnny v
08-19-2013, 08:16 PM
I would go talk to him or send a knowledgeable crew person or crew chief down and ask him if he needs some help ....I have talked to new drivers who struggled going straight and they didn't know anything about where the front end settings or Toe should be set...
It could be something as simple as the toe is set wrong....

Duckhnter83
08-19-2013, 11:33 PM
I do think talking with him is going to do no good because two reasons he has been racing for 3 years and other drivers have tried to help and approach him. Secondly I don't think he will take my advice beings as I am the rookie I don't know a lot and what I do know is from you guys here and listening to everyone I can at the track. I strive to be knowledgeable and a good racer to make sure I'm not tearing up my competitors cars. But I do believe its worth a try so I may see what I can do by talking with him and the track owner before it goes further

let-r-eat
08-20-2013, 12:26 AM
Tell the guy you admire his driving style and you want some pointers. When he tells you what to do ask him why you are doing that and ask him if he'll pay attention when possible to your car during the race.If that doesn't work tell him there is only 3 reasons for spinning a race car.1. Something broke2. Assisted by someone3. The nut between the steering wheel and the seat.

dirty white boy
08-20-2013, 03:04 PM
get with some of the other drivers an approach the dude as a group...offering to help get his car sorted out shouldn't upset the guy...