PDA

View Full Version : Pull bar angle

twisterf5
08-20-2013, 05:08 PM
now this is on a late model but it is built like a mod. it is 30 inch long the problem we are having is when you hit the gas going strait or coming out of the corner on restarts it will try to turn you around. kicks the rear end out to the right and is spinning the tires a ton. pull bar is centered on rear and has 22 degrees of angle in it. is the left over powering the right or should we move the pull bar. any info would help.

oldtrackchamp4x
08-20-2013, 09:00 PM
When you say you" hit the gas", are you walking into throttle or mashing down hard? Are you leading the LR a lot. Is the track dry slick when this happens? Need to put down a lot more info about setup on car. Or ask a good driver you race against what his thoughts are,as that might be the easiest. JMO

Mod77L
08-20-2013, 09:02 PM
A centered pull bar at 22 degrees isn't likely to be your problem. If the car is coming around when you get on the gas, it is the right overpowering the left. What kind of panhard bar are you running? Having the rear end kick out to the right on the gas is unusual with today's setups.

twisterf5
08-20-2013, 09:32 PM
the car is a 4 bar 1/2 short on right. 200lr 230rr and is on a j-bar. locking at the video the right rear does not roll over like a normal late model. the car is loose middle off running 80 to 120 bite. heat race had about 6 inch stagger dropped to 4 smaller right rear and it made the car kick out more.so i think it is the left over powering the right.no binds in car and track was more slick than normal but this is something we have been fighting all year.

racin6mod
08-20-2013, 09:53 PM
post your bar angles including the j-bar and I assume it comes off the lr frame not the rr like a rayburn purple bar. the only time I have seen the rr kick out the guy built the car with a short bar on the top on the lr with a longer bar on the bottom and he had a straight panhard bar. that car jacked up super fast and spun like crazy but all he heard was the motor screaming and thought he was going fast.

Confused?
08-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Sounds more like you are driving off the RR. If the car is not rolling over on entry, then this needs to be addressed first. What are the right side bar angles? Where are the rear tires, side to side, in relation to the fronts? Is the RR even or outside of the RF? J-bar hieght and rake?

I can think of at least a half dozen different things that can be going on here.

Body roll is a by-product of weight transfer. If the tires are not sticking, the car will not roll. You have to stick the RR on entry. This induces body roll/weight transfer. It could be from an off set-up or off driver. Can also be from binds somewhere.