PDA

View Full Version : Quick Change Pinion leak

spray004
08-20-2013, 08:35 PM
I've got a leak on my Winters qc coming from my pinion plate where the yoke slides through. The seal is one race old. Behind the plate is dry and its dry where the bolt and washer tightens the yoke down. Any thoughts/ideas?

racedad17
08-20-2013, 09:34 PM
did you put the spacer back in? it goes on after pinion plate and before the yoke, if you dont put that in the yoke will slide back and forth and will leak did the same thing this past winter.
hope this helps.

spray004
08-20-2013, 10:12 PM
I did not install the seal originally. I just purchased the car and didn't notice the leak prior to getting it home. Its a big enough leak that it'll make a 3"x4" puddle in an hour or two. I pulled the j-bar plate and it wasn't the washer on the yoke or the o-ring so definitely leaking from the seal. The seal looks good though. How big is the spacer? When I pulled it, I didn't notice a spacer when I pulled the yoke out.

Could a warped plate cause the problem?

Edit: I found the spacer so that's not the problem. Are there different length yokes? I'm down to either the yoke is too short or the pinion mount is warped/cracked and causing the leak at the seal.