PDA

View Full Version : Pull bar bushings or spring

twisterf5
08-21-2013, 06:51 PM
have had problems with my pull bar (loss of drive) and am told the bushing are shot. never came out of adjustment.
but got some ??? on it it has 4 red inside and one outside how much travel should it have and how long should you go before you need to replace the bushings.
i do have a larry shaw pull bar that has a green spring inside but looks like it would only have a little over a inch of travel.
should i go with the bushing pull bar or go with the spring bar.

Lizardracing
08-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Can't tell ya that but I can tell ya the bushings tend to be much for progressive in rate with a reduced amount of total travel. Bushing bars tend to be lighter.
I run a spring because I don't want to mess with bushing all the time. My maintenance list every week is long enough as it is. I've been using the same spring for 8 years now and clean it once a year or every 30 shows.

missile07
08-27-2013, 09:44 AM
we have used both and seem to keep going back to the rubber bushings. make sure you are using the correct bushing though. there is a pretty big difference in bushings needed for UMP tires versus IMCA tires

Modlitefan0
08-27-2013, 10:47 AM
We have always run a springed pullbar up until about a month ago. A guy we kind of partner with always swore by the biscuit bar so we started running one and have not had any problems with them. The only down fall to them is that they wear out alot quicker. We shoot for about 2" of travel if not a little more on our biscuit bar.

MM90
08-27-2013, 11:09 AM
If I'm only getting 1" of travel out of my bushing bar do I need to go softer on the bushings? I have a BSB single action with 2 red bushings.

missile07
08-27-2013, 11:34 AM
We usually get 1.75 to 2 inches of travel on our rubber bushing and its pretty soft. Also on American Racer kk704