PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown/Gen-X/GRT. Opinions Please.

HuckleberryB4
08-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Looking for opinions on these cars on a hard tire and in the slick. I currently run an 05 Smackdown on the S7 front end. The car is a top 5 car but, I'm having a hard time getting the car to rotate in center and have good drive off. Another problem I'm having is the RT frame rail is hitting and wanting to unload the RF. I'm already 1/4" high on the RF ride height and have shimmed under the bump stop hoping this would help although it hasn't yet. I've read and heard mixed thoughts on the GenX & Smackdown and was looking for some more recent opinions.

I threw GRT in there because our old 95 underslung car had GREAT forward bite and I'm wondering what their newer cars are like in the slick. We're up in the Northern states so you don't hear much about them as not too many people run them in this area. Thanks.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Looking for opinions on these cars on a hard tire and in the slick. I currently run an 05 Smackdown on the S7 front end. The car is a top 5 car but, I'm having a hard time getting the car to rotate in center and have good drive off. Another problem I'm having is the RT frame rail is hitting and wanting to unload the RF. I'm already 1/4" high on the RF ride height and have shimmed under the bump stop hoping this would help although it hasn't yet. I've read and heard mixed thoughts on the GenX & Smackdown and was looking for some more recent opinions.

I threw GRT in there because our old 95 underslung car had GREAT forward bite and I'm wondering what their newer cars are like in the slick. We're up in the Northern states so you don't hear much about them as not too many people run them in this area. Thanks.

A newer Smackdown would be better with the frame rail issue, but I think the problem in the center is a common one. We keep hopping between too tight and too loose in the center and it is keeping us from moving from a top 3 to a consistent winner.

There are several GRTs from Jason Fitzgerald running really well in the Southeast at NLMS and super events right now.